Monday, February 5, 2007

BEEF, it's whats not for dinner.




So that right there is my dinner. *Was my dinner. It was comprised of chicken, stuffing, broccoli with cheese, and rice and beans. As i ate the broccoli, i felt each individual broccoli top brush my tongue. At first, it tasted like regular broccoli, but soon my mouth was brimming with a warm melted cheese paste that blended nicely with the taste of a normally disgusting food. As i shoveled the stuffing into my mouth, i felt the savory thickness that was the stuffing. Composed of several different ingredients, but to me was only one mass of food, slowly my mouth chewed the mushy stuffing and watered at its indescribable taste. I first ripped off the skin of the chicken with my teeth, and tasted the delicious sauce that smothered the outside, with taste starting from one group of taste-buds and then stemming out to the rest of my taste-buds, each having their own and unique reaction to the very subtle sauce. I then bit into the chicken and felt its smooth moistness come apart in my mouth, thinking about how soon the rest of the chicken would be gone. I last ate the rice and beans. I inserted a spoon full of rice and beans into my gaping mouth expectant of the blend of texture and taste that was to come. The rice and beans were in a delicious sauce and the rice had absorbed much of it, making normally bland rice into a grain that was bursting with flavor. The outside of the bean was smooth but had a soft and mushy interior where the source of its delicate and one of a kind flavor came from. But the question that was on my mind the whole time was, "does eating rice and beans make me look Spanish?" I like how everything has a stereotype, including food.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Good question at the end, about the stereotype.

I think you can be a little more descriptive about the "indescribable taste". Perhaps compare it to another food, or describe the feeling in your mouth...